- Slice saba or bananas lengthwise into 3-4 slices depending on the size of the saba.
- If you are using the ordinary lumpia wrapper, you may want to cut it in half so it would be a perfect fit when folded.
- In a round plate, lay out one wrapper then one slice of saba in the mid bottom part.
- Add sugar. I wanted it to be really sweet so i added more than usual.
- Wrap it, take the bottom part of the wrapper, the side nearest to you, fold upwards covering the saba and sprinkle drops of water to seal the turon.
- Heat oil in frying pain in low fire.
- You'll know it's cooked when it turned golden brown and see the sugar caramelizes in the wrap.
- Place in a strainer or paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Share and enjoy!
About 24 pieces of turon wrap ready to be fried..
Try it yourself.. ^_^