I love Leche Flan so much and i guess everyone else does. My first attempt of cooking lecheflan is when i was 16. Not looking in a recipe book i was really kinda experimenting. I use whole eggs that time and condensed milk then it turns out like a boiled sugary egg flan, it taste good though but didn't tasted like lecheflan (the one you can buy) I was upset so after that times I'd rather buy a slice than make a waste again. Later back these years, i did learn the perfect recipe, using the egg yolks only. That sounds new to me before and when i tried, i succeed! I'm so happy, once in a while i cook leche flan, i never bought outside anymore.
So there, yesterday i was really bored and craving for something to eat. I decided to cook of course, lecheflan! But since my ingredients wasn't enough for the standard recipe, i experiment again hehehe. I use whole eggs for the second time.
So here's my ingredients:
4 pcs eggs
1 can evaporated milk (you can use any brand, the one i used is the one my sister bought in Oman so cant read the label though)
1 can condensed milk
White sugar (for caramelized)
1 strainer (if necessary)
Makes 3-4 lianeras
1. Mix them in a separate bowl. One for the evap and condensed then one for the eggs.
2. Mix them all together, slowly stir it. After that, use the strainer to remove the remaining solids from the liquid mix.
3. Its time to caramelize. This takes me a lot of time to do it, it looks
easy but not for me. So here it goes, put white sugar in all the
lianeras, maybe 3-4 spoons will be but if you want more you can add. (i
use 5 spoons of it) Set your stove in a very very low fire then put the
lianera over it. Wait for a minute till the sugar began to melt start
holding it side to side to make sure the sugar will melt evenly. Use a
tong to hold the lianera, it is extremely hot.
4. Set aside and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Prepare the steamer while waiting.
5. Pour the lecheflan mix to each lianeras and then put them carefully in the steamer, Cover it and steam for about 30 minutes. You'll know its cooked when you put a fork in it and goes out clean.
Hmmm. looks yummy? It tastes really good! You got to try it yourself. Experiment too! hehe so you can eat all you want ^_^