Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Spicy Stuffed Chili and Cheese Pops
Good for snacks or "pulutan" and best for those who love SPICY foods. (I DO!)
So heres how to make the Spicy Stuffed Chili and Cheese Pops:
1. Wash the green chilis, slice the cheese into thin sticks (like making cheese sticks) and prepare the pastry wrapper.
2. Cut the top of the chili then slice one side of it. (Be careful not to slice it into two pieces, only one side.)
3. Remove the seeds of the chili. You can scrape it off by knife or by your fingers. Do it carefully.
4. Stuff the cheese on each slightly opened chili.
5. Wrap it with the pastry wrapper. Use water to close it. (You can cut the wrapper into two for smaller chilis)
6. Fry it in low fire. You'll know its cooked when its already golden brown and you can see the cheese popping out.
I definitely love it and will cook this every weekend or maybe twice a month. It's as easy as making lumpia and cheese sticks. By the way, you can also play around with the ingredients, you can add small amounts of bacon or ground pork/beef too.
Try it for yourself, im sure you'll love it too! ^__^