Wednesday, December 11, 2013
And a pure sorry. The kind that is merely asking for forgiveness. Nothing more.
Sometimes we do say sorry without the utmost sincerity of admitting our mistakes, we just do say "sorry" but along with it we justify why we had done it, trying to sound reasonable and be free from guilt. Trying to silently blame the other person for our own mistakes.. The fact that you had hurt someone, a pure sorry would suffice or never be sorry at all if you can't take responsibility of what you had done wrong.
Sunday, December 1, 2013
A Filipino snack - Turon are deep fried banana wrapped in lumpia wrapper (springroll wrapper), It is also known as banana lumpia/sweet banana fritters. A budget-friendly merienda for everyone and really super easy to make. I bet everyone know already how to cook this delicacy yet here's another food recipe to share.
- Slice saba or bananas lengthwise into 3-4 slices depending on the size of the saba.
- If you are using the ordinary lumpia wrapper, you may want to cut it in half so it would be a perfect fit when folded.
- In a round plate, lay out one wrapper then one slice of saba in the mid bottom part.
- Add sugar. I wanted it to be really sweet so i added more than usual.
- Wrap it, take the bottom part of the wrapper, the side nearest to you, fold upwards covering the saba and sprinkle drops of water to seal the turon.
- Heat oil in frying pain in low fire.
- You'll know it's cooked when it turned golden brown and see the sugar caramelizes in the wrap.
- Place in a strainer or paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Share and enjoy!
About 24 pieces of turon wrap ready to be fried..
Try it yourself.. ^_^