- When Habagat terribly hit the Philippines, it was almost like Typhoon Ondoy.
- Four-day weekend up: August 20, a non-working regular holiday throughout the country in observance of Eid’l Fitr, or the Feast of Ramadhan and August 21, a special holiday to commemorate the death of Ninoy Day
- When Sec. Jesse Robredo's plane crashed that took almost 3 days for his body to be found in the deepest ocean. The theory of sabotage. Dont you think? Why all good politicians dies early while the bad corrupt ones stays alive the longest. Tsk.
- Neil Armstrong who was the first person to walk on the Moon.died at the age of 82.
- Three-day weekend up: August 27, National Heroes Day.